April 23, 2012
Sweet Corn Soup
Serving : 2 Person
- 2 Sweet Corn Cobs (Makai) or 1 Tin of Sweet Corn
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Flour
- 1/2 Bell Pepper (Capsicum) (Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Milk (Optional)
- 4 Cups of Water
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- Pepper to Taste
- Salt To Taste
- Soya Sauce
- Chillies In Vinegar (Optional)
- Remove Kernels of Sweet Corn Cobs and Keep Aside.
- Crush 1/4th Part of Corn Kernels.
- Boil Rest of Corns in 4 Cups Water, in Microwave for 5-10 Minutes.
- Corns will Soften.
- Mix 1 Tablespoon Corn Flour to 1/4th Cup of Milk and Make a Paste.
- Heat Butter in Pan
- Add finely chopped Peppers and fry till crisp.
- Add Boiled Corn Kernels along with water and let it come to a boil.
- Add Corn Flour paste to it and let it boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Switch Gas Off when the Soup Thickens.
Serve Hot with Soy Sauce and Chillies in Vinegar.
- You can dissolve cornflour in water instead of milk. Milk gives the soup creamy comsistency.