Kadhi is made out of yogurt, is spicy and sometime sweet, tempered with mustard, cumin and curry leaves. We can translate it as a hot yogurt soup, but it is not had before meal but with your meal, may be with rice. It is usually consumed with Rotis, Bhakri, Dapka Bhaat, Jheera Rice, Pulao, Khichdi etc.
Serving : 2-3 Person
- 1 cup Curd/Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Besan (Chickpea Flour)
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Ghee/Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard (Rai) Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin (Jeera) Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek (Methi) Seeds
- Pinch of Asofoetida (Hing)
- 6-8 Curry Leaves
- 1 Dry Red Chilly (Broken to pieces)
- Chopped Coriander (optional)
Warm the curd in microwave for two mins. Add water and besan to it and mix it with a hand blender. Heat ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds and methi seeds. Let it crackle and then add jeera, hing, curry leaves and broken dry red chilly. Fry all these for 30 sec and then add curd and besan mixture. Bring it to a boil and then remove from flame.