Serving : 2-3 Person
- 1 1/2 cups Rice
- 1 Tomato (Chopped)
- 3/4 Green Pepper (Capsicum) (Chopped)
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 3-4 Cloves (Lavang)
- 3-4 Whole Black Pepper Corns (Kala Mari)
- 1 Slit Green Chilly
- 5-6 Curry Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Coriander
- Salt To Taste
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Add mustard seeds, cloves and black pepper corns and let it crackle.
- Add cumin seeds, green chilly and curry leaves to it.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and capsicum and allow it to soften.
- Add Red Chilli Powder, Garam Masala, Turmeric and Salt to taste.
- Add washed and drained rice and mix it nicely.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water (Dip the index finger inside the cooker and water level should be till two marks on the finger).
- Add chopped coriander and allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Cover the lid of the cooker and let it whistle for 4-5 whistles.
- Remove from the flame and let the pressure go down.
Serve the pulav hot topping with little ghee.
Pulav tastes best with Kadhi or cold curd (yogurt).
Keywords: Pulao, Pulav, Pulaf, Biryani