June 8, 2011
Serving : 3 Persons
- 4 Raw Bananas (Kacha Kela)
- 1 Green Chilly (finely chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 3 Teaspoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Gram Dal (Urid)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- 4-6 Curry Leaves
For Batter :
- 1 Tablespoon Gram Flour (Besan)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for Frying
- Boil Bananas into a pressure cooker (around 3 whistles) and let it cool down.
- Remove the skin and mash boiles bananas into a bowl.
- Add green chillies, sugar, salt, lemon juice, coriander leaves and garam masala powder.
- Mix all the ingredients very well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds along with urid dal.
- When mustard seeds start to crackle, add cumion seeds and curry leaves to it.
- Add this tempering to the stuffing and mix well.
For the Batter
- Mix all the ingredients and make it to batter consistency using water.
- Make around 12 equal balls from the stuffing-tempering mixture and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai for frying.
- When oil is hot enough, dip the balls into the batter and carefully place it in the oil for frying.
- Fry the wada till golden brown on all sides.
- Remove it on an absorbent paper.