Serving : 2 Persons
- 1 Cup Semolina (Rawa or Sooji)
- 1 Cup Yogurt (Curd) (Ideally Sour)
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Tablespoon Ghee
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1/2 Teapsoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Teaspoon Urid Dal
- 6-8 Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta)
- 1-2 Green Chillies (Hari Mirch) (Slit) (As Per Taste)
- Coriander Leaves (Kothmir) (Finely Chopped)
- Salt to Taste
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of Ghee in a Pan.
- Add Mustard Seeds and Urid Dal.
- When Urid Dal turns golden and mustard seeds start to crackle Add Curry Leaves.
- Add Green Chillies, Cumin Seeds and Semolina to the Pan.
- Roast Semolina till it becomes slightly golden.
- Remove from the Flame and keep it Aside.
- Take 1 Cup of Yogurt and add 2 Cups of Water to it.
- Warm the Curd Mixture in Microwave for 2 mins and keep it aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of ghee in a Pan and add warm Curd Mixture to it.
- Add Salt to Taste and bring it to a boil.
- When the Yogurt starts boiling add Semolina mixture slowly.
- Stir Continously to avoid Lumps.
- After a Minute Remove from the Flame.
- Garnish the Upma with Coriander before serving.
- You can also add Cashew Nuts, Green Peas, Kishmis as per taste.