Paneer Methi Chaman
Serving : 2 Person
For Gravy :
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- 5-6 Cashewnuts (Kaju)
- 4 Dry Kashmiri Red Chillies
- 1/4 Teaspoon Melon Seeds (Magajtari na bi)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 2 Teaspoon Sugar
- Salt To Taste
- 1/4 Cup Milk
- 2 Teaspoon Chopped Coraiander (Kothmir)
Other Ingredients :
- 1 Cup Chopped Fenugreek Leaves (Methi)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Coraiander (Kothmir)
- 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese Cubes (Paneer)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh/Froen Peas
For Gravy : Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan, add jeera, cashewnuts, melon seeds and dry red chilli. Saute the spices for a minute then add chopped tomatoes and dry spices (salt, sugar, haldi, lal mirch and garam masala). Mix everything and let it cook till tomato softens. Add chopped coriander to the gravy. Once everything is cooked, pour the gravy in the blender and add milk to it. Blend to make it smooth puree and keep it aside.
Heat 1/2 tsp oil in another pan and add small cubed cottage cheese to it and stir fry till sides start turning golden. Remove paneer pieces in a bowl and add 1/4 cup of milk to it. Let paneer soak in milk.
Finely chop methi and corainder leaves and wash it under running water. Add peas, chopped and washed leaves to the remaining oil in the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes.
Add the prepared gravy to methi mix and let it cook together for few minutes. Lastly, add soaked paneer pieces to the gravy and cook for a minute more.
The vegetable is ready to serve. Garnish it with chopped coriander, lemon wedges and serve hot with roti, kulcha or rice.
Note : Soak paneer pieces in 1/2 cup milk for about 10-15 mins. Use the same milk to the gravy before blending.