January 1, 2014
Serving: 2 Persons
- 1 Cup Mixed Dal
- 2 Tomatoes (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch)
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander – Cumin Powder (Dhana Jeeru)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee
- Coriander To Garnish (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Green Chillies (Hari Mirch) (Slitted)
- Pinch of Asofoetida (Hing)
- 8-10 Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta)
- Salt To Taste
- Mixed Dal contains equal amounts of Yellow Moong Dal, Tur Dal, Urid Dal, Masoor Dal and Chana Dal.
- Wash All the Dals together and soak it for half an hour.
- Pressure Cook the Dal for 4 whistles.
- Roughly blend the boiled Dals to a coarse consistency.
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add Rai, Jeera, Chillies, Hing, Curry Leaves and Chopped Tomatoes.
- Add Salt, Red Chilly Powder, Turmeric, Dhana Jeera Powder and Garam Masala.
- Let the Tomatoes to soften and then add the Boiled Dal To It.
- Add Water if needed.
- Add Lemon and Chopped Coriander as needed.
- Let it cook for a minute or so.
Keywords: Dal, Daal, Dhal, Dahl