January 19, 2012
Serving: 2 Persons
- 3/4 Cup Rice Flour
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 2-3 Green Chillies (Finely Chopped)
- Salt to Taste
- Methi Sambhar for Garnishing
- In a Large Vessel, Boil 2 Cups of Water.
- Add Jeera, Green Chillies, Oil and Salt to Taste.
- Once Water starts boiling, remove it from flame.
- Slowly add Rice Flour, 1 Tablespoon At a Time.
- Stir Constantly to avoid lumps or dry flour.
- Keep Water in a Flat Vessel on Flame and Put the Flour Vessel in it as a Double Boiler.
- Cover the Flour Vessel and Let it Steam for 10-15 Minutes.
- Remove it from Flame and Serve Hot with Oil and Methi Sambhar.
Keywords: Khichyu, Khichya, Kichyu, Kichya