Serving : 6-7 kachoris
For the Dough :
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1 tbsp Oil/Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
For the Filling :
- 1 cup Besan (Gran Flour/Chana no Lot)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander-cumin (Dhania- jeera) Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric (Haldi) Powder
- 1 tbsp Fenil seeds (Variyali)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Oil For Frying
For Garnishing :
- Boiled Moong And Black Chana
- 1 1/2 cup Warm beaten Curd/Yoghurt
- Green Chutney
- Sweet Chutney
- Thin Sev
- Chopped Coriander
- Chaat masala
For Dough, Combine all the ingredients and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water. Knead very well for 5 to 7 minutes. Divide the dough into 6 equal parts and keep covered under a wet muslin cloth.
For Filling,Heat oil in a pan and add besan to it. Roast the flour till it changes colour. Remove from flame and add rest of the ingredients and mix well. Add some water if needed and let it cool down to room temperature. Divide into 6 equal portions. Shape each portion into an even sized round and keep aside.
- Roll out each portion of the dough into a 2″ diameter circle. Place one portion of the filling mixture in the centre of the rolled dough circle. Surround the filling mixture with the dough by slowly stretching it over the filling mixture. Seal the ends tightly and remove any excess dough. Roll each filled portion into a 2½” diameter circle taking care to ensure that the filling does not spill out. Gently press the centre of the kachori with your thumb. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling to make 5 more kachoris. Deep fry the kachoris in hot oil over a slow flame till golden brown on both sides. The kachoris should puff up like puris. These take a long time to fry as the crust is thick and needs to be cooked on the inside also.
- To Make Chaat,Make a hole in centre of kachori and add boiled moong and chana. Add curd and chutneys. Granish it with sev and coriander and sprinkle some chaat masala on it.
- Tip : You can let the kachoris to cool down and store in an air-tight container for a 3-4 days.