Serving : 2-3 Person
- 150 grams Okra (Bhindi)
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Teaspoon coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 Teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Aamchoor (Dry Mango) Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Besan
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Peanuts
- 1 Teaspoon Seasame (Til) Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Grated Cocunut
- Salt to Taste
- 1 tsp Grated Cocunut (For Garnishing)
- 1 tsp Chopped Coriander (For Garnishing)
For Filling – Mix 1/2 tsp oil and besan and roast it lightly. Grind peanuts, sesame and cocunut together to a coarse powder. Mix rest of masalas along with roasted besan and ground powder of peanuts, sesame and cocunut. Filling is ready, keep it aside.
Wash and slit bhindi lengthwise carefully, so that the slit bhindi segments do not separate. Fill the slit bhindi with the filling mixture. Cut the filled bhindi into 2″ pieces.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add cumin seeds and filled bhindi. Cover the pan for two minutes and let it cook. Uncover the pan and let bhindi cook till it softens, stir it ocassionally to prevent burning and sticking.When done remove from flame.
Garnish with grated cocunut and chopped coriander and serve hot with roti.
Keywords: Sabzi, Subzi, Sabji, Subji, Bhindi, Bhendi, Bhinda, Bhindu, Okra, Lady, Finger