Servings : 2 Persons
- 3 medium sized tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 3/4th capsicum (finely chopped)
- 2 raw bananas (boiled and peeled)
- 1/2 cup peas (boiled)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (lal mirch)
- 1/4th tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1-2 tsp pav bhaji masala (garam masala powder)
- salt to taste
- 4-6 tsp butter
- chopped coriander to garnish
- Lemon halves to serve with
- 6-8 Pav (bread)
- Heat 2 tsp butter in a pan, add jeera and let it crackle.
- Add Capsicum, Tomatoes and all dry masala powder.
- Leave it for 2 to 3 minutes till tomatoes softens
- Mash the boiled raw bananas and peas together.
- Add it to the tomato capsicum mixture in the pan.
- Remove it from the heat and blend nicely with hand blender
- Do not make it very juicy, leave it to a coarse consistency.
- Let the Bhaji simmer on a low flame for 2-3 mins.
- Bhaji is ready to serve.
For pav, slit the bread in two halves and apply butter on both sides. Roast the pav on hot tawa and serve it with bhaji. Garnish the bhaji with fresh coriander, little butter and serve hot with pav and lemon halves.
Did you try the recipe? How did it turn out – Please like and comment below.
Leave a Reply