March 7, 2013
Servings : 2 Person
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice (Full Grain rice)
- 3 Cups Water
- Salt To Taste
For Tempering :
- 1 Tablespoon Ghee or Oil
- ½ Tablespoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 2 Slit Green Chillies
- ½ Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Teaspoon Urid Dal
- 1 Teaspoon Chana Dal
- ½ Cup Lemon Juice
- Coriander To Garnish
- Wash 1 cup of rice with water 2-3 times and drain out excess of water.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt to taste to washed rice and microwave it on high for 20-22 mins.
- Steamed Rice is ready. Drain excess water if any.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add jeera, urid dal and chana dal.
- Roast till golden and crisp.
- Add slit green chillies, turmeric powder and steam rice to it.
- Add lemon juice and mix them properly.
Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with Yogurt (Curd) or pickle.