April 5, 2016
Serving: 2 Persons
- 3/4 Cup Rice Flour
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 2-3 Green Chillies (Finely Chopped)
- 1 tsp white Sesame seeds(til)
- 2 tsp Fresh Coriander (Finely Chopped)
- Salt to Taste
- Methi Sambhar for Garnishing
- In a large vessel, boil 2 cups of water.
- Add jeera, green chilies, oil, coriander, sesame seeds and salt to taste.
- Once water starts boiling, remove it from flame. Slowly add rice flour, 1 spoon at a time. Stir constantly to avoid lumps of dry flour.
- Take the mixture out in a broad plate and knead it smooth with the back of a bowl adding bit of oil. After it is smooth, divide the mixture into 10 parts and make each a flat roundel.
- Steam these khichi in a steamer for 10 minutes.
- Remove it from flame and serve hot with oil and methi sambhar.