Serving : 2 People
- 1 Cup Rice (Long Grain Basmai Rice)
- 1 Teaspoon Ghee
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 Cup Fenugreek Leaves (Methi)
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Leaves (Kothmir)
- 1/4 Cup Fresh/Frozen Peas (Matar)
- 1/4 Cup Cottage Cheese (Paneer-optional)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
- Salt To Taste
Wash the rice till water runs clear. Soak it for 15-20 mins. Heat 1/2 tsp ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds to it. Add drained rice, salt and turmeric powder to it and mix well. Let rice coat itself with ghee. Add 2 cups of water o rice and let it cook on medium flame for about 10 mins. Do not overcook the rice (all rice grain should stay seperate) Let it cool down before proceeding.
Heat 1/2 tsp ghee in another pan and add small cubed Cottage cheese to it and stir fry till sides start turning golden. Finely chop methi and corainder leaves and wash it under running water. Add peas, chopped and washed leaves to paneer pieces along with garam masala and saute for a minute more.
Gently add the prepared rice to methi matar and paneer mix. Slowly mix everything taking care that rice grains do not break. Switch off the gas and cover the pan for few minutes. The pulao is ready to serve.
Serve this pulao hot with yoghurt or kadhi.