Serving : 2 Persons
- 2 Teaspoon Oil
- 2 Teaspoon Split Bengal Gram (Chana Dal)
- 8-10 Curry Leaves
- 4-5 Dry Kashmiri Red Chillies
- Pinch of Asofoetida (Hing)
- 2 Tomatoes (Finely Chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- Tamarind Pulp (To Your Taste)
- Salt To Taste
- Soak Tamarind in water for 30 minutes, squeeze out the pulp after tamarind softens.
- Soak Dry Red Kashmiri Chillies in water for 30-40 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and roast chana dal till it turns golden.
- Add curry leaves, soaked Red Kashmiri Chillies and pinch of hing.
- Add chopped tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Cover and cook till tomatoes softens. Cool it to room temperature and grind it to a smooth puree.
- Add tamarind pulp to your taste.
- Heat 1 tsp oil and add Rai (mustard seeds), let it crackle and add 1 dry red chilli.
- Pour the tempering on chutney and it is ready to serve.
Tomato Chutney is a south indian accompainement usually served with idlis, dosas, medu wadas or steam rice.
Keyword: Chutni, Chatni, Dip, Sauce