Serving : 2 Persons
For Tomato Puree
- 3 Tomatoes (Medium)
- 1 Tablespoon Yogurt (Curd)
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Cream (Malai)
For White Paste
- 8-10 Cashew Nuts (Kaju)
- 1 Teaspoon Sesame Seeds (Til)
- 1 Teaspoon White Watermelon Seeds (Magtari)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or Ghee
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch)
- 1 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 100 grams Grilled Paneer
- Coriander Leaves (Kothmir) (Finely Chopped)
- Salt To Taste
For Tomato Puree : Blend tomatoes with curd and cream to a smooth puree.
For White Paste : Soak all the ingredients in water for about half an hour and then blend it to a smooth paste.
Heat butter in a pan and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add white paste and roast it till the paste changes colour. Add tomato puree and rest of dry masala and let it cook till the oil separates from the gravy. Add grilled paneer and cook for a minute more.
Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve hot with tandoori roti, naan or paratha.
- To make low calorie recipe, you can skip cream in tomato puree, instead just add 2 tsp of milk into the gravy just before serving. It will taste as creamier but without calories.
- You can add boiled green peas along with paneer to the gravy.