Serving : 2-3 Person
For the Tomato Puree :
- 3 Medium sized Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Curd
- 1 tsp Fresh Cream
For White Paste :
- 8-10 Cashew nuts
- 1 tsp Sesame (til) seeds
- 1 tsp Magtari seeds( white watermelon seeds)
Other Ingredients :
- 1 tbsp Butter or Ghee
- 1 tsp mustard ( Rai) Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin (Jeera) Seeds
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric (Haldi) Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 100 g Grilled Paneer
- Salt To taste
- Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves to garnish
For Tomato Puree : Blend tomatoes with curd and cream to a smooth puree.
For White Paste : Soak all the ingredients in water for about half an hour and then blend it to a smooth paste.
Heat butter in a pan and add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add white paste and roast it till the paste changes colour. Add tomato puree and rest of dry masala and let it cook till the oil separates from the gravy. Add grilled paneer and cook for a minute more.
Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve hot with tandoori roti, naan or paratha.
- To make low calorie recipe, you can skip cream in tomato puree, instead just add 2 tsp of milk into the gravy just before serving. It will taste as creamier but without calories.
- You can add boiled green peas along with paneer to the gravy.