Also Known as Paneer Chilli it is one of the delicious Chinese starter served in most of the Indian restaurants all over the world. Its usually very spicy. If you want a different variety of Paneer Chilly, Try our award winning Taipei Paneer Chilly (Won Best Jain Recipe at Tarla Dalal)
Serving: 2 -3 Person
- 400 gms Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 1 tbsp All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 tbsp Chopped Green Chillies
- 3 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 cup Sliced Bell Peppers (Red, Green and Yellow)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Oil for frying
- Black Pepper powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- Take the All Purpose Floor, 1 tablespoon cornflour, 1 tablespoon green chillies, 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, salt and pepper powder in a bowl.
- Mix with some water to make it a thick paste.
- Cut the Paneer in cubes and roll them in the above mixture.
- Heat the oil in a Kadhai or Pan and fry the paneer pieces till it turns golden brown.
- Remove on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Dissolve remaining 1 tablespoon cornflour in 1/2 cup water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and saute the bell peppers for few seconds till crisp on medium flame.
- Add the remaining green chillies, soy sauce, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Stir fry for two minutes. Add 1/2 cup water.
- Once it starts boiling, add the cornflour paste and mix it thoroughly making sure there are no lumps.
- Add the paneer pieces and cook for 2 minutes.
Remove from the flame and serve hot.