Servings : 2 Persons
- 250 grams Teasel Gourd (Kantola)
- 2 Teaspoon Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch)
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- Pinch of Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- Pinch of Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- Coriander Leaves (Optional)
- Salt To Taste
- Wash the Vegetables after removing the top and bottom buttons.
- If the Kantola skins has spikes make sure you remove them by scrapping else the vegetable would taste bitter.
- Cut all Kantolas into Halves and slice them to look like half discs.
- Soak them in water for 2-3 minutes.
- Take some Oil in a pan and add Rai and Hing.
- Once Rai starts cracking, Add Kantola without water.
- Kantola should be removed from water and drained completely before adding in Oil.
- Add Salt and Stir softly.
- Kantola must be cooked before adding anything else. Make sure you touch one of the Kantola and it should break easily between fingers.
- If you like crispy kantola, stir fry little more till it becomes crispy.
- Add all spices as provided and also you can add pinch of sugar if you need.
- Kantola should always be cooked without cover.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes in slow flame.
Add Coriander before serving if required.