Green Peas Pulao
Serving : 2 People
- 1 1/2 Cup Rice (Long Grain Basmati)
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 2 Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves (Tej Patta)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (Dal Chini)
- 2 Green Cardamom (Elaichi)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 Cup Green Peas
- 2 Teaspoon Finely Chopped Coriander
- Salt to Taste
Wash 1 1/2 cup of rice till water drains clear and allow it to soak for 15-20 mins. Boil the fresh / frozen peas just to cook and keep it ready.
Heat 1 Teaspoon each of ghee and oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves and bay leaves. Saute these spices and then add soaked and drained rice to it.
Stir the rice to coat each gain of rice with oil. Add 3 cups of water to rice and allow to cook for 10 mins on medium flame.
Add peas and coriander and allow to cook for few more minutes. Take care not to overcook rice as it should stay separate and unbroken.
Serve hot with kadhi.