Servings: 2 Persons
Jain Diet Bhel is an alternative to the healthy sprouted Bhel. Since we do not eat Sprouted pulses, we usually soak them for a few hours and boil them and drain the water out.
* Pulses include Moong, Moth Bean (Math), Black Chickpea (Kala Chana), Black Gram (Kala Urid)
- 2 Cups of Boiled Pulses*
- 2-3 tsp of Green Coriander Chutney
- 2-3 tsp of Date and Tamarind Chutney
- 1-2 tbsp of warm curd / yogurt.
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and Chaat Masala to taste
- Chopped Tomatoes for Garnishing
- Chopped Coriander for Garnishing
- Mild Sev for Garnishing
Add all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add salt, chaat masala and lemon juice as per the taste. Serve it in a serving bowl and garnish it with chopped tomatoes, coriander and sev. Have a healthy and tasty chaat ready in minutes.
- For more healthier version, you could use low-fat yogurt/curd and replace sev with crushed roasted papad.
- Black Chickpea will take longer time to be soaked and boiled.