Chole Chana Masala
Serving : 2-3 Person
- 600g Boiled White Chick Peas (Chole)
- 1 Boiled Raw Banana (Kacha Kela)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 Green Pepper (Capsicum) (chopped)
- 2-3 Cloves (lavang)
- Pinch of Asofoetida (hing)
- 2 Tablespoon Green Coriander (chopped)
- 2 Green Chillies (Slitted)
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- 2 Teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Aamchoor Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (Lal Mirch)
- 1 Teaspoon Tea Leaves (Chai Patti)
- 1 Teaspoon Mint Leaves (Phudina)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Coriander-Cumin Powder (Dhania-Jeera)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder (Jeera)
- 6-8 Curry Leaves
- Salt To Taste
- Lemon Wedges
Boiling Chana :
- Soak Chana for atleast 8 -10 hours and then pressure cook it.
- While pressure cooking, take 1 Teaspoon of tea leaves and tie it in a muslin cloth and add this potli with chana and pressure cook for around 5 whistles.
- Drain all the water from chana and collect the water seperately and keep aside.
Raw Banana :
- Boil raw banana (around 3 whistles), peel off skin and cut into cubes.
- Heat 1 Teaspoon of oil in a pan and add cubed banana and bit of salt.
- Grill it properly from all sides and keep it aside.
- Take 1 tomato, 1 Tablespoon of boiled chana, 1 Teaspoon of coriander leaves and 1 Teaspoon of mint leaves.
- Blend all together to a fine paste.
- Heat 1 Teaspoon oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cloves and let it crackle.
- Once it starts crackling add cumin seeds, slit green chillies, curry leaves, hing, capsicum and chopped tomato.
- Mix everything and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the paste to gravy along with red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric, jeera powder, dhani-jeera powder, aamchoor and salt and mix properly.
- Add 1/2 cup of drained chole water and bring it to boil.
- Add chana and cook till boiling resumes.
- Cook till gravy becomes almost dry and then remove it from the flame.
Take Chole chana masala in a bowl, add raw banana pieces and chopped coriander on it.
Serve hot with lemon wedges and Fried or Baked Bhatura
Keywords: chole batura cholay chholay cholle bhature bature battur cream centre